06 Weeks Core Study Modules:
- These are focussed on Business English, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Team Building, Canadian Tourism Markets, History of tourism in Canada, Hospitality in Canada, Case Studies of issues in the Canadian work place.
General English: - General English - English as a second language.
The job received depends on experience, attitude, flexibility, English level, season, length of employment, understanding of seasonality and several other factors.
Housekeeping and Room Attendant jobs at the resorts in The Canadian Rockies are primarily filled with Australian, New Zealand, English, Canadian, American, European and Japanese workers. These are the most common positions however depending on the above attributes candidates may get jobs as lift attendants, cooks, cashiers, guest services, receptionists and more.
All candidates will earn between $8 and $12 per hour 30 - 40 hours per week.
All candidates will pay between $50 and $100 per week to live in share house staff accommodation.
The average weekly earnings after accommodation is about $220 - $250 per week after expenses.
Most tax paid can be refunded by The Canadian Government when the candidate finishes their work period earned.
Staff Accommodation Placement
All Work and Study Canadatm Programs are designed for candidates to live in staff accommodation. Staff Accommodation is usually shared with one or two other staff members in the same room. Often there are several rooms that all share the same bathroom and kitchen facilities. Staff Accommodation is usually owned and operated by the resort and the employee is effectively also a tenant and must sign a contract to that effect and pay 2 weeks damage deposit. Staff are usually required to clean their own units.
There are always rules applied to staff accommodation. Staff Accommodation is not fancy and expectations should be low as this is the standard throughout Canada however candidates only pay $50 - $100 and this is deducted from the pay check every pay day which is generally every 2 weeks.
The majority of the jobs that are found for in Canada's Rocky Mountains. The Rocky Mountains lie on the border of British Columbia and Alberta and are about a 12 hour drive from Vancouver.
TYPES OF HOTELS & RESORTS
There are several different types of resorts in the Rocky Mountains.
There are small 50 - 100 bedroom hotels in the heart of the main resort towns. There are larger hotels with up to 400 rooms located just outside the resort towns. There are resorts with 1000 employees that are located at the ski field or golf course that are 20 - 50 kilometres from the nearest town.
Each has positives and negatives however the key difference is that usually the further the distance from a town the more facilities of the resort the employee can use.
Positions within the resort differ very much as well. A small hotel may have 3 receptionists and no restaurant whereas a large independent resort may have 25 guest service agents and 7 restaurants.
After the interview process, the best fit (or best available) is chosen for the client.
Average 2 weeks travel
To give you some time to see things along the way you can choose to do what you want with these 2 weeks. Stay in Vancouver or travel, its up to you.
MARKETING ASSISTANCE - WHY WORK AND STUDY
To improve English, Work and have fun there is no better way because;
- This is a cheapest way to study and work in Canada.
- You are working in a place most people only dream about!
- You are getting a job you would find impossible to get on your own
- You earn more money (after expenses) than you would working in cities by getting subsidised staff accommodation.
- You will live with and work with and people from all over Canada and around the world including Australia, New Zealand,
South Africa, Korea, Japan, Germany, England, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Finland and more.
- You get time to travel to some of the most beautiful places on the planet
- You will learn the intimate workings of the Canadian hotel, tourism and hospitality industry.
- You get to challenge yourself by actually working and living in Canada.
- You will make life-long friends from around the world
- Hiking, Snowboarding, Skiing, Golf, Sailing, Ice climbing, Adventure sports, Mountain Biking, Hot Summers, Cold Winters..
Its paradise for the outdoors!
- Because you will have a reference from a Canadian employer that assists you when looking for work back in your home
- When you arrive in Vancouver you will be picked up and taken to your homestay.
Home stays are organised with Canadian families so you can practice your
English and learn about local customs and traditions from the comfort of your "own home"
Your homestay includes:
- A private bedroom with bed,
- Closet or dresser and a desk as well as access to washroom, telephone and laundry.
- 3 meals per day 7 days per week for the term of your study in Vancouver (7, 8 or 10 weeks).
Vancouver Host family
PACKAGE A: 6 weeks study + average 2 weeks travel time + 18 weeks
work= 26 weeks = $5,300
PACKAGE B: 8 weeks study + average 2 weeks travel time + 28 weeks
work = 38 weeks =$6,300
PACKAGE C: 10 weeks study + average 2 weeks travel time + 40 weeks
work = 52 weeks = $7,300
On average candidates should earn between
Package A: $4000 - $6,000
Package B: $7,000 - $9,000
Package C: $10,000 - $12,000
Each package includes:
Airport Pickup and transfer to homestay
Homestay for the amount of time they are at school
School in Vancouver for the allotted time 30 hours per week plus homework GET Readytm seminars for 24 hours in the last 4 weeks of class
Paid internship placement at a resort in The Canadian Rocky Mountains
Monthly GET In-Touchtm assignments to be emailed in monthly Subsidised staff accommodation
Travel to and from the resort is additional and must be booked in Canada. Average cost is approximately $200 each way.
Našu kanceláriu GOLDEN line nájdete na Hasičskej ulici č.3 (hneď pod zastávkou MHD) v Trenčíne.
Môžete nás kontaktovať aj e-mailom na: firstname.lastname@example.org
alebo telefonicky na čísle: 032 / 7441 507